Sloppy Joes Texas – Don’t Lose This
° 1 pound beef-ground
° Olive or canola oil as wanted
° Half a c water
° 1 c ketchup
° 1 tsp brown sugar
° 1 minced garlic clove or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
° 1 chopped red or green pepper
° ½ yellow onion, chop (or small)
° 1 tsp yellow mustard
° 12 slices of American cheese
° 6 slices Texas Toast (see note)
- instructions :
- Heat fry pan on moderate heat.
- Adding little oil.
- Adding meat, sweet pepper, also onion (& garlic if using fresh).
- Cook, stirring constantly, breaking up any large pieces of meat with a wooden spoon until meat is fully cooked.
- Get rid of any excess grease.
- Turn down the heat.
- Now add the water, ketchup, mustard, garlic (if using powder), Worcestershire sauce, and sugar.
- Stir well and cook for 8 minutes or until sauce is thicker.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill.
- Grill Texas toast until golden.
- Now add a piece of cheese to each slice of toast and roast for half a minute.
- Putting little of meat mixture on top of every piece of toast with cheese. Add another slice of cheese on top.
- Roast again until cheese melts.